Marcel Maulini's Mining Museum, 24 Grande rue, 70250 RONCHAMP
- Reception : 03 84 20 70 50
- Email : email@example.com
- Website : www.mineronchamp.fr
Opening times :
- From April 1st to October 31th : from Tuesday to Friday, 10am - 12pm and 1:30pm - 5:30pm / Saturday and Sunday : 2pm- 5:30pm
- From November 1st to March 31st : from Tuesday to Saturday, 1:30pm - 5:30pm
Guided tours for groups from 10 people, booking required.
Closed on bank holidays and during Christmas holidays
For 200 years, coal mining has modified the landscape and the history of the Ronchamp area. Marcel Maulini, a doctor, decided to create this museum to pay tribute to the miners and through has a wide collection of objects, tools, photos, this place helps visitors to understand the organisation, tools and the social realities of those bygone days.
A walking trail is dedicated to the mining heritage : the "Cités ouvrières " (company town) hiking trail. You will discover a memorial, mining gallery entrances, old company towns... during 2h / 5km.
On the way up to the Hill Notre-Dame du Haut, on the right hand side of the road, you can see the Sainte-Marie mining shaft.